Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm a BONTliever!

If you would have asked me 2 years ago what "compression pants" were I would have stated something along the lines of "Huh?!" or "is this some sort of skinny jean long john technique for the cool kids?" however present date I have first leg experience in them, as I am now a "wearer" and a BONTliever! If you are unaware of what I am talking about, let me break it down: Did you know that material can be formulated to help your body properly function during physical activity? Well it can and Bont did. They used 82%Nylon 18% Lycra © with Ciba © technology along with strengthened seam construction borrowed from wetsuit technology to enhance durability and made magic happen on my legs! Basically you know when you are swimming and your legs just fell like they are dancing thru the water weightless? That's what my legs feel like when on the track but I have complete control over them.

Frankly it's gotten to the point that I'm considering getting them permanently attached to my body... As an avid sk8r and athlete who trains frequently, I have found that with the use of these form fitting pants that stabilize major muscle groups & joints from vibrations that my legs are going above and beyond the call of duty. They are actually enjoying the experience greatly! The supportive nylon reduces fatigue, increases blood flow and prevents lactic acid built up which are common issues during the journey of Sk8 the State. Our bodies eventually say along the way "Hay man... now you're just being mean.." but yet we still must press on within our mission. This year we were blessed to have Bont join our mission and contribute these gifts from the heavens straight to our limbs that need it most. I forsee much ease on the horizons of Texas having Bont by our side and on our "go getters."

Words can't express how thankful all of us in Team Ironfeet are for this gracious offering. My inner mermaid is very happy to the addition as well. Every year we must grow after listening to our bodies. Those 958miles to date take their tolls however we continue to prevail with the inspiration and support within this event.

Forever Grateful,

Libby "PBR" Claeys

No comments:

Post a Comment